Airman’s Proficiency Center (APC) is a division of Hillsboro Aero Academy and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). APC is approved to offer both the M-1 Visa for international students interested in training full-time at APC.
The M-1 Visa is used for both short-term vocational education experiences, e.g. Private or Commercial Pilot Certificates, as well as full professional pilot programs. The M-1 Visa may be issued for a maximum of 12 months, but you may apply for an extension of up to 12 months for a nominal fee.
When on an M-1 Visa, a student cannot change to an F-1 (academic) or employment visa.
- Application for Admission: Submit a completed and signed application for admission.
- Passport: Submit a clear copy of your current valid passport.
- Financial Verification: Financial verification of monies available to cover the respective training and living expenses is required. These funds must be a liquid asset in a checking or savings account shown on a notarized bank statement or an approved loan application. A signed letter of support is needed if the funds are not in the student’s name. All documents must be accompanied by a notarized English translation denoting monies in U.S. dollars. The funds that must be shown for each program are:
- Airplane Professional Pilot Program – $68,000 USD
- Helicopter Professional Pilot Program – $82,000 USD
- Proof of Education: Provide proof of education equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma, G.E.D., or college diploma. Transcripts that show a graduation date are also acceptable. International education documents must be translated into English by a certified translator.
- Language Proficiency: Each student is required to speak, read, write, and understand English. HAA will conduct a phone interview to assess such abilities.
Items to be completed once you have been accepted into HAA and assigned a start date.
- International Student Registration: A $500.00 USD registration fee is required from each international student. Hillsboro Aero Academy will send an invoice via PayPal unless there is a country restriction and then we will work with the student directly to collect the fee.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Registration: Register at flightschoolcandidates.gov by following these steps.
Once all these requirements are met an I-20, the certificate of eligibility for a visa, will be issued and mailed to you.